545th Military Police Platoon/Detachment
385th Military Police Battalion
Stuttgart Army Air Field
As of June 18, 2013
545th MP Timothy E. Jeffery, March 1986 at Stuttgart Army Air Field MP Barracks
Stuttgart Municipal Airport
First French Army drove through Stuttgart in April 1945, and left behind a detachment to repair the Runway at Echterdingen. American troops replaced the French Army in the early summer and put the airfield back into operation. When the U.S. constabulary, the armed force of the U.S. Military Government, moved into Kurmaerker Kaserne (now Patch Barracks) in 1946, their small flight section operated from Echterdingen Airfield with L-5 liaison planes. In 1950, Headquarters, Seventh Army was activated at Kurmaerker Kaserne, and their flight section replaced the disbanded Constabulary's at the airfield. The next year, Headquarters, VII Corps moved into Hellenen Kaserne (now Kelley Barracks), and VII Corps then joined the Seventh Army section at Echterdingen.
The 545th MP Platoon was activated at Bremerhaven, Germany, assigned to the 709th MP BN. During 1 July 1971 the 545th Military Police Platoon was reassigned to the 94th MP Battalion and relocated to Mainz, Germany. The 94th MP Battalion was deactivated in Germany during 21 June 1976, and the 545th MP Platoon was reassigned to VII Corps, Stuttgart and headquartered at Stuttgart Army Airfield. The Platoon's mission was to secure the Stuttgart U.S. Army Airfield, and support the 223rd Aviation BN. The 545th MP Platoon provided security to the EUCOM and 7th Corp Commanders aircraft, and the 73rd MI's OV1's (Mohawks), which were located at the Stuttgart Army Airfield. "OF THE TROOPS AND FOR THE TROOPS."
545th MP Platoon, Mainz-Wiesbaden Germany was attached to Co. A 94th MP BN and supported the 60th MP Detachment, Mainz - Wiesbaden. The 60th MP Detachment operated the Mainz MP Station, Dragooner Kaserne.
German Beer Drinking Music Video
by SSG (Ret) Victor Alvarez